Friday, May 19, 2006

i-CAT Vision
















If you are unfamilar with i-CAT Vision, here are a couple of screen shots from it. You can download it at: http://www.imagingsciences.com/downloads.htm. Get it and start playing around with it. It is very cool and it's free! There is a new version in the works that should be available soon. In the mean time, there's lots to do with the current version.

One of the best things is that with i-CAT Vision, the doctor can review the full volume in axial, sagittal and coronal views. In my opinion, by giving the refering doctor all the data PLUS the viewing software, I am off the hook if anything comes up later that could have been discovered in the initial review of the scan. The doctor has all the data and a means to view it. That would seem to take me out of the loop. (whew!)

Any comments?

2 Comments:

Blogger devery said...

I too just started downloading the iCAT vision and giving it to my docs. The response has been tremendous. I am going to survey these referrals to find out if they are opening up this software. I have a number of "young" dentists who are computer savey and want me to just email these files. Anyone out there doing this?

10:29 PM  
Blogger Matt Kroona said...

You could email it but it would be very large and I believe you would have to compress it (which might make it a little smaller). PLUS, emailing it may create some problems with HIPAA. You would need to check into that. "Anywhere Dolpin" would probably be a good choice. Personally, I would just put it on a CD and mail it. In most cases they's get it the next day.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home