Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Nobel Biocare

I recently had a edentulous patient in for a Nobel Biocare scan and I wasn't sure how to scan the guides. Normally I scan the guide without the bite register but what should I do when there are 2 guides (upper & lower)? I did the following scans:
1-patient with the guide in
2-lower guide only
3-upper guide only
4-upper and lower guides in occlusion with no bite register

I have not heard back from the doctor yet but I thought I'd see what others are doing in cases like this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Iwamoto said...

For the Nobel Biocare edentulous patients, we take one scan with both guides in place and have the patient bite with the register. Then we scan each guide separately for a total of three scans, remembering NOT to scan the bite register with the guides.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Matt Kroona said...

Thanks Eric. That's what I hoping for.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home