Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Do you use Costco paper???

My office utilizes the Canon R2400 inkjet printer to print the i-CAT and digital (Planmeca) panoramic images. After testing various photographic paper (and from the suggestion of Diane at Yamamoto Radiography in Beverly Hills) , we discovered the Costco glossy photo paper to be the best value based on gray scale, contrast and low cost at only $17.99 for 150 sheets.

This morning I went to my local Costco to pick up the photo paper and could not find it. When I asked the clerk, he told me that they were out of stock. That was weird, that store always had the photo paper in stock. I then drove to the next closest Costco and discovered there was only 11 cases on the shelf (each case contains five boxes of 150 sheets), so I purchased the remaining cases. Normally, the stores are stocked with pallets full of paper. Maybe it was coincidental that those two particular stores were low or perhaps not. The holidays are fast approaching so that might have something to do with it, I really don't know. If you use Costco photo paper, it might be a good idea to stock up now. Post a comment if your local Costoco store has tons of paper or is out of stock, it will be interesting to find out if it was just a local or national shortage.
If you are considering a new printer, please contact me as I have updated information that could prove useful.

1 Comments:

Blogger M CARPENTER said...

I went to Costco over the weekend and they were a little low on supply also. I loaded up just in case something is going on.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home